Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're using Windows 2000 Advanced server on a HP proliant ML370. On this server we have our critical ERP - Manage 2000 and Veritas version 9.0. After installing the Windows Update Rollup 1 and rebooting the PC everything was fine. Three weeks later, after installing the latest update, the genuine Windows authenication and Windows malicious virus checker, we can't access the internet, Adobe Acrobat reader won't start up, we can't stop or start any services, and Veritas won't open, we only get the main page but not connections. We tried going into safe mode to uninstall Veritas or Office but that doesn't work.

Please, any suggestions!

Thank you in advanced.

SOS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,290 Posts
Yea, you got screwed up by this as well I see.

I had a Win2k PRO machine that I updated and it killed the network connection on it.

I am not really sure what's going on, but folks have had issues. I ended up reloading from the ground up for any of a number of reasons!

Check in the Install/Uninstall software and look at the list to see if you can find a Windows SP5. Do not ask me why, but I found Windows SP5 on the problem machine. MS claims there was never a SP5, but I think they released it, pulled it and replaced it with Roll Up 1??

You should back up all your files and then maybe try unloading Roll Up 1 and see what happens. I screwed up and unloaded SP5 rather than Roll Up 1 and Windows would never boot again fully.

In any event, be prepared for a reload from the ground up so get all your important info backed up before pulling the trigger.

Good luck.

JamesO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

JamesO said:
Yea, you got screwed up by this as well I see.

I had a Win2k PRO machine that I updated and it killed the network connection on it.

I am not really sure what's going on, but folks have had issues. I ended up reloading from the ground up for any of a number of reasons!

Check in the Install/Uninstall software and look at the list to see if you can find a Windows SP5. Do not ask me why, but I found Windows SP5 on the problem machine. MS claims there was never a SP5, but I think they released it, pulled it and replaced it with Roll Up 1??

You should back up all your files and then maybe try unloading Roll Up 1 and see what happens. I screwed up and unloaded SP5 rather than Roll Up 1 and Windows would never boot again fully.

In any event, be prepared for a reload from the ground up so get all your important info backed up before pulling the trigger.

Good luck.

JamesO

Thanks JamesO,

Microsoft just released a patch to the Rollup 1. We're going to give that a try and hope for the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,290 Posts
Hey, where's mine?

Is the Roll Up 1 patch part of a standard Windows Update or some special update? Is it also for Win2k/PRO and/or Win2k Server?

Thanks,

JamesO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JamesO said:
Hey, where's mine?

Is the Roll Up 1 patch part of a standard Windows Update or some special update? Is it also for Win2k/PRO and/or Win2k Server?

Thanks,

JamesO
Hello JamesO,


Because of the problems some users had with the original Update Rollup 1, Windows released an updated version to correct the problems for the first Update Rollup 1 released. We installed the first Rollup 1 on all our PCs with Windows 2000 Pro and on all our servers. We only had one problem with one of our critical servers unfortunately.

You can click on the link for more info...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891861

You can click on this site, this person had a similar problem to our problem. This Friday we'll be trying his solutions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=67607


May the force be with you!

4SOS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Resolved!!!!!!!!!

4sos said:
We're using Windows 2000 Advanced server on a HP proliant ML370. On this server we have our critical ERP - Manage 2000 and Veritas version 9.0. After installing the Windows Update Rollup 1 and rebooting the PC everything was fine. Three weeks later, after installing the latest update, the genuine Windows authenication and Windows malicious virus checker, we can't access the internet, Adobe Acrobat reader won't start up, we can't stop or start any services, and Veritas won't open, we only get the main page but not connections. We tried going into safe mode to uninstall Veritas or Office but that doesn't work.

Please, any suggestions!

Thank you in advanced.

SOS

Problem solved!!!!

It was the APC. We disabled the APC and everything is working fine. This Friday we're going to uninstall the previous version APC and install the latest PowerChute Business Edition 7.0.4.

You learn something new everyday!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top