Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At our school we are having a problem with some computers. The computers all run Windows XP Pro, and we have a PDC running Windows Server 2003, and a BDC running Windows Server 2000. The main points:

1) All machines are receving IP addresses, and can get on to the Internet

2) When a domain user logs in, they receive this message:

"Program Manager"

\\server\username\desktop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this resource. A device attached to the system is not functioning.

3) After logging in, they cannot access their "My Documents" which is a redirected folder located on the server as part of their roaming profile.

4) At start/run, \\server is not accessible. Error message:

"Login Failure: The target account name is incorrect"

5) Logging in locally, as administrator, I can go to start/run, and browse the network! \\server allows me to bring up all the server shares.

6) I have read that this issue may be related to Service Pack 2? We have just turned back on all the computers, after the summer break. Windows Updates are distributed from the server which is located in our lab. All lab computers are working fine. The computers in question are located in the main building (they connect through a cisco switch to the lab). Some computers are working fine in the main building. I am stumped. Please help. Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.