Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
First question when I set up a roaming profile do I need to set all the folder redirects ie. desktop, start menu and application data in the GP to make all the settings follow me around or is pointing to the profile in the user settings alone enough?

Next question. Where do the files I put in the recycle bin go when I'm logged onto the domain. They seem to completely vanish so no restore.

Any help appreciated
Chris

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Welcome to the board,

On the recycling bin question, the domain is probably set to automatically delete anything put into the Recycling bin, and domain policy always overrides local policy.

As far as the roaming profile goes you should be able to just point to the profile in the user settings, that is depending on how your domain is set up, best bet would to be to check with your admin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't find any domain wide settings for recycle bin. Any idea where they might be, or would it be the result of something more general??

·
Registered
11 Posts
All of your desktop settings, your website faves and you temp internet files and cookies are all part of your roaming profile which will be uploaded back to the server when you log off. What i would try and aviod is saving things to your desktop as when you put something on there and log off it becomes part of your profile. So if you put a 500mb file on there, it is going to take you ages to log back in again.

Anything you delete will be deleted on the workstation you are on. You should be able to get it back if it is a local drive but if it is a network drive then you will not be able to.

Hope this has made it a little clearer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.