Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my office, i have RJ11 headset which directly plugs into the RJ11 junction box.That junction box (with several other RJ11 headset connections) connects to dialogic D/300 media card on the computer telephony server.The headset is used for answering/attending the telephone calls ONLY i.e it's not connected to my work PC's sound card.I want to have an arrangement wherein i can use the same headset for both purposes.
I searched for any sound card for my PC with RJ11 port, to which i'll connect this headset and line-in from D/300 card ! I couldn't find any sound card with RJ11 port.Another thing might be a external adapter to which i can connect RJ11 headset + D/300 card from Telephony server + Sound card of my PC !! But how should i go after any of these ? I'm new to all this.Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I very much doubt you will! The RJ11 is a 6pin version of the RJ45 and will plug into the centre of same. If you want to try to intercconect via your sound card you will need an RJ45 module and two 3.5mm jack leads to wire to your h/phone out/mic in. you can work out the pinouts using a LOW voltage continuity tester and listening for clicks on the h/p circuit. The mic will almost certainly be an electret type and need 1.5-3.00volts in series. Some old cards provide this most now don't. i

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sorry went off a bit there! If you are UK based I have shedloads of RJ45 stuff and can post you a couple of modules to play with. Don't blame me if you blow up your card.

Old engineers don't fade away, they just tap&die.
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.