Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem when I right click a file and click open with and then choose program, when I do this it forcefully opens the program in Notepad, no matter what type of program it is. I cannot get to the list of programs to select. Could someone help me fix my choose program. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but this doesnt fix it, the problem is that when I click Open with, it automatically starts up notepad, and I am not able to select which tool to open it with.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes there are properties but in the other selection where I click Open With --> Choose Program, notepad comes up. I know you can pick the program through properties, but I want to fix the Choose Program.

·
UK
1,142 Posts
Has this just happened without any adjustment being made to the windows settings? One possible solution involves making changes to your registry, but how comfortable do you feel about doing that? Getting it wrong could cause start-up problems ... if the issue is due to a corrupt registry key, it might be corrected by doing a system restore to a date when all was working ok.

Peter

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am comfortable with making changes to my registry. I don't know why this happened though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That doesnt work either, I'm just going to live with it, I can always change the program in its properties.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.