Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone (or anyone),
First, I have searched the forum, this forum specifically before I asked just in case so as not to waste time.

I have a strange problem where whenever I click with my right mouse click, nothing happens. The menu that normally pops up takes an ETERNITY to open up. I mean as in 30 sec.'s to 1+ minutes after I click the right mouse button before the menu shows up

The mouse is a Logitech m305 mouse and the system is a Win 7 Ultimate edition if that helps any, and am pretty sure SP 1 is installed too.

It has just been an extreme pain. Who knew life without the right click context menu would be so terrible in the Windows world :cry:

Any help would be extremely welcomed!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took a peek. Tried everything on there and it still seems a bit buggy. I even installed the shellexview from nirsoft; looked at the registry as they have put up o the page and still nothing. The right click is still a no go for some reason.

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,753 Posts
Hi, usually one (or more) entries are corrupt and are causing the problem. Go to start search and type:- cmd right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt copy paste:-

reg query "HKCR\Directory\Background\shellex" /s > 0 & notepad 0 press enter, please post the notepad outcome here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot MPR for the help.

jenae, here is the notepad outcome:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE
(Default) REG_SZ {5E2121EE-0300-11D4-8D3B-444553540000}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New
(Default) REG_SZ {D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Sharing
(Default) REG_SZ {f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6}

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
jenae isn't on here all the time but his information and help is worth waiting for as he knows the inner workings of the Windows operating system better than most. Just check back periodically.

·
7,753 Posts
Hi, sorry I have a bad case of the flu and my cardiologist has ordered complete rest, could you confirm, do you share files and folders over a network? Could you open the context menu you have, and post a screen shot we may be able to identify the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
No, I don't share files or folders over a network. I have added several screenshots of the different context menu's and the regedit properties of the right click properties for the mouse if that helps.

Are these what you were asking for? If not, I can get other screenshots if needed.

Sorry to have bothered you at a bad time, hope you get better.

Attachments

·
7,753 Posts
Hi, open control panel "mouse" and check the settings, especially under "hardware" make sure the option to turn off this device is unchecked and the option to have this device wake the computer is checked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi jenae, sorry for the late response, was hung up with work.

Is this what you meant in your response? I was slightly confused. I attached a screenshot.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah. So there are no problems? The right clicking is still buggy. The load times are still bad after attempting to right click.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.