Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a site where I can find reviews of products which pertain to computers? I am looking for a site where they test or try out different cd rom drives and rate them accordingly. I am looking to purchase a cd rom drive and after looking around, I am so confused, seems like everybody has the best. So far I think I should advoid US Drives. Wonder what anyone thinks of Asus? They have no toll free support number, and do not offer firmware for their drives, but a lot of people praise it. Need comments. Please

Ray :no:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need more info

Viper,
the second site very nice, has more to choose from, but I would like more than just a few users opinions. Was looking for more testing. After reviewing the site, I have picked Asus as a reliable cd rom drive, but they have not toll free number for problems, and offer no upgrades or firm ware. DO you have any thoughts about this drive, or would you like to suggest one to me? Thanks a bunch.
Ray

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lite on

Viper,
Thanks, but that is a rw (writer), Did you know that? I need a cd rom. I already have a writer installed on my system. Sorry I wasn't clear. I am looking at the site. :confused:
You like that brand huh? Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry woodman, I am so use to seeing cdrw these days. That Asus seems like an ok cd rom, figure any name brand for cd roms (only) are pretty decent.

*One other thing, CD-ROM drives have been relegated to "commodity" status, with most companies putting their effort into CD-RWs and DVD-ROM/DVD writer technology.

You can get a SONY drive at newegg.com for $27.

Acer is decent, Samsung has them for around $25 at newegg.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CD ROM

Viper,
Are you serious? Do you really mean any brand? Any at all. I don't want to be replacing this thing in 6 months..... Really, any brand????? Ok
Sounds too easy......
Ray

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Ok Viper,
Thank-You very much. I will use my head. And will keep the Lite on brand in mind if I ever need a new burner......
Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.