Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can't wait - 2 more paychecks to go!

until then, the battery on my laptop has never worked. i never tried to do anything about it since i always had it plugged in, but im going to sell it (so i can get a dell with decent features).

i decided to go with dell because if you have a problem (not often), and you can't fix it, they come in like 2 days and do it all for you. my dad always has people come fix his crap in his office if somthin messes up (the guy that gets our area even fixes the non-dell computers if the dell has a problem, and we give him a tip!:D)

but anyway, back to the coommppaqqq :upset:

the battery, doesn't work. right now, i have it calibrating with some software that they told me to download from the internet since it is out of warranty, and they can't send a new one.

those sob's didn't fix it the first 2 times i sent it off. instead, they just out in a fresh hd, losing all of my vaca. pics. and the other time, i sent it off to install a new rj-45. insteaddd, they install a fresh copy of 98se after i worked my @$$ off to buy xp pro (299.99). tried to negotiate with microsoft by telling them that compaq had messed up my xp installation (it really makes me mad about that stupid 3time activation thing. they said that the only thing that i could do was...buy a new frickin license (didn't, i'll just have to deal with my laptop problems till i get a dell. i'll let some other sucker deal with what i had to for the past 4 months.:angel:.

i really learned my lesson on a compieceofcrap(compaq)

anybody wanna be the sucker and buy it? it's not that bad if you have a good patience level. all you have do deal with is a bad power supply, not being able to move it (pc or supply)without it cutting off, no battery, and how would that license stuff go? i'll let someone else deal with it. just hope bill doesn't decide to sue me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.