Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I downloaded an alienware theme but didn't like the way it looked on my PC after I installed it so I removed it and now all my Icons are like jacked up and ugly lol.. For a text document it shows a printer ect ect. All messed up and I have no idea how to fix it! I have tried changing themes back and forth and rebooting my computer and I can't fix them! I have no idea what to do can someone please help me?! I hate my icons!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry to bump this, I have tried searching Google and Yahoo and found nothing relevant..
Does anyone know cause it's driving me nuts..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys.. anyone read this yet? I still haven't been able to fix it..
It's probably something simple and I am just dumb..

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had a similar issue and got very few reponses as well. I altered my start menu changing the order of the shortcuts and lost many of them as a result, (never had this problem with XP), and no matter what I tried I could not find a way to get them back to default. I ended up having to reinstall Vista all together to fix it (I had some other quarky issues going on as well so it was just easier to do the reinstall). Now I know to be very careful when I alter the way Vista appears and promptly reboot whenever I make any changes.

·
Banned
3,394 Posts
Try a system restore as lead suggested. This will only alter system files. If you don't like the changes you can also revert back so not a worry.

Alternatively, you can try to restore the system files by doing running a sfc /scannow

you will need your installation cd and you will need to update your windows again.

Make sure you back up your files and set a system restore point before making these changes or any other changes in teh future. I would imagine you would have more system restore points than you think, so try that first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.