Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i run adaware to remove spyware i keep getting some files that couldn't be quarantined. all of them are restore/temp...what's with that? can i use hijack this to get rid of them? i didn't spot them when i ran hijack this, but maybe they're disguised or something.....

T

·
0 Posts
more then likely you will have to go to safe mode, by tapping F8 at boot up.
then open windows explorer , you may have to turn on "see hidden folders and files " and "unhide system file " ...or something close to that. This is in folder options. It's been awhile since I have used ME , but I think it is in Files, if not it is in view...? then navigate to \\windows and look for a temp folder, delete all the contents. Just in case write down one of the names of the files you need to delete and do a search or find to locate the temp folder used. Do not forget....safe mode.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
The folder is actually c:\_restore\temp (note the _ in the name).

You need to turn off System Restore (in ME I believe it is under System Properties -> Performance -> File System -> Troubleshooting).

After you turn it off, use a 98 or ME boot floppy to restart the computer, then type in this command after it boots:

c:\windows\command\deltree /y c:\_restore

Press enter and go get some lunch (it can take a little bit).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.