Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My internet disconnects every now and then especially when I'm downloading larger files. When the internet disconnects, my download is reset and I need to download it all over again (my internet is slow and unreliable). Is there an add on that can continue downloads from the point where the internet disconnected?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
FlashGet is a download manager that works with any browser, and FlashGot is an extension for Firefox that adds extra functionality, things like right-click context menu, toolbar button, etc.

Install them both and set FlashGot as the default download manager in Firefox. You can now pause and resume downloads, download files from several sources simultaneously using mirrors (if available), and also split files into several streams which should increase the download speed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. :) So what do I do when the download gets disconnected? Does it continue downloading by itself when my internet is connected again?

·
Registered
327 Posts
With FlashGet, I think you have resume a download manually from where it left off. I haven't tried FlashGot, so can't comment on that.

Are you on a dial-up connection? If so, something that can stop the connection from dropping is this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.