Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-

I have no idea how this happened, but yesterday I was using my computer, and then an error message appeared (i didnt think anything of it). Then the internet started going reaaaaly slow on all 3 computers on my home network. I went downstairs to see what was going on, and then I fell asleep on the couch (i was tired from so much homework). My brother went up and turned off my computer. Then the internet was fixed. This morning, I went to turn on my computer, and it displayed the boot menu (safe mode, last known good, normal, etc). I selected normal because I thought my mom or someone just switched it off or something. Windows XP started to load as normal, and then when the welcome screen was supposed to display the computer rebooted. So, I tried to start it up in safe mode, and got the same thing. I tried McAfee's emergency disk, and there were no viruses in the boot disk or memory. Then, I put my hard drive in this current computer, and scanned it for viruses with the most recent virus definitions. There were no viruses. I was using Style XP to make the welcome screen look cool (it was working fine for weeks). On the style xp support page, it says it will start up fine in safe mode if the login screen doesnt work. I can acess stuff just fine from my hard drive when it is in this computer. Reformatting is my last resort (we're out of activation key uses on this OEM copy), so how could I fix this another way? Is there a way to do a system restore or something from dos? I don't know what I should try next, so please help in any way you can.

-Bno

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.