Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I need to restart my computer (be it from not being restarted for a long time or new program installation or a stuck process) I click on restart and it begins to close out of some things then it doesn't do anything. Not frozen, it just quits doing anything. Programs can't be opened cause I get an error message saying the window station is shutting down. CTRL+ALT+DEL stops working. The only way is to press and hold the power button.

Another extension of this problem is for example when i upgrade Firefox, and try to run it for the first time, Firefox never comes up, but the process is stuck and won't go away when I hit end process. Then when I go to restart the above paragraph happens.

I also get a message once I improperly restart saying the 5V power supply is out of range, and to press F1 to ignore or press F2 to enter BIOS setup. What can I do to fix this??

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
hello ,

sounds like you need a new power supply !!!

i am not to hip on them but working on it

sounds like it is overheating

go to (http://www.majorgeeks.com) and get (everest home version ) it is free and then you willbe able to see the temps your pc is running at and what your psu is running at

plus you will get all types of useable info about your pc

your psu temp should be under 50 degress celcius

if you do need a psu you can go to (htt://www.tigerdirect.com) to search for one that is compatible with your system

also how long has it been since you cleaned the internal of your case with a can of compressed air ( $6.00 at walmart ) psu can run upwards of $45.00 for a decent one & $200.00 + for a real good one

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
oops , wrong thread !!! , my bust watching my kids at the same time sorry !!!!

nope right thread !!! kids are drive me batty at the moment with questions !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.