Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my problem, hope somone can help.

I have win xp/ 100gb hdd/ ge-force 4 64 mb/ 2000 xp althon

When I play games, such as Wolfenstien, my computer restarts. The strange thing is it only does it when I die, for the most part. Somtimes my computer just restarts randomly. It seems to only happen when I execute a program or die in that game. It never has done this b4 until i installed that game. It does it alot when im using graphic intensive programs. IF all am doing is running trillian or a chat program it will not usually just restart. I hope that is enought info, does anyone have any hints?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
It might be that your machine is overheating and tries to shut down to protect itself...Those AMD's get wicked hot...did you build the machine or did you buy it ? how much memory do you have ?

thats all I can think of at the moment...please post back

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a thermaltake orb on the athlon. Um, it is running at 105 f or 42 c at the moment, it never has gotten above 110. I built it myself in the last month. Im running 512 ram. I have it setup so it will shut down at 167 degrees (that is the reccomended heat, so i read) any other hints why it would freak out when i utilize my ge-force 4???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.