Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately when I've been gaming (CS:S, D3 - both high demand apps) my wireless mouse and keyboard will stop responding but the game will continue running. After about 5 seconds, I hear the "doo-doot!" of windows telling me a USB device has been connected. A few seconds after that, my machine will reboot. There have been a few times where my wireless will become unresponsive, then reconnect, and my machine will recover and I can continue gaming. However, the majority of the time it reboots. The "Windows has recovered from a serious error" box appears sometimes, and tells me it's my nvidia drivers, though I have the latest. I run the games at reasonable settings in comparison to my hardware, and don't think I'm overstressing my box. Any help is very appreciated, and I'm not looking for a solution only, any information is helpful.

3.2 Intel HT
1 GB DDR2 533Mhz (in one stick, I know, inefficient)
GeForce 6800 PCI-X
XP Pro

P

·
0 Posts
right click on my computer > properties > advanced > startup and recovery settings > uncheck automaticly restart. This probably will stop restarting. Now we need to find the problem and fix it. It is most likely a driver conflicting with something in the system. Can you please look in control panel > administrative tools > event viewer and give us the name of the errors ? ( please do not post the whole log )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see any errors that related to the crash. I'll see if the automatic restart fixes the issue, or at least makes it so I can deal with it. If I get an error message of any relavance, I'll post it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, happened again, but since I turned off auto-restart, it blue screened. The error in the event log is:

Error code 100000ce, parameter1 f6c5e20a, parameter2 00000008, parameter3 f6c5e20a, parameter4 00000000.

Category: (102)
EventID: 1003

I'm guessing this just reports a blue screen. It gave me the driver that failed, but being stupid, I didn't write it down. If it happens again, could I make a copy of the driver, delete the current, and see if that solves it? I don't think I'd be risking too much...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
happened again, blue screen error reports that the driver "lccfltr.sys" is the culprit. Error message reads: "driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations". I did a search but couldn't find the driver. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I do. Should I uninstall? I thought it might have something to do with that when my wireless would disconnect itself immediately prior to the blue screen.

P

·
0 Posts
Logitech drivers is the problem. I would uninstall and reinstall first to see if it is the fix.

edit : If uninstall reininstall wouldnt work then we might be talking about a conflict where you might need to make a choice. ( it is quite possible that wireless and logitech drivers are conflicting - both are my favorite suspects for problems after video drivers - )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry, to be more specific, when I said wireless, I meant my mouse/keyboard. Will try to reinstall, thanks very much for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.