Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys ! My Windows Vista Aspire 5100 is not booting anymore. It started about 3 months ago, now it is worst. When I turn the laptop on, after couple beeps, i receive the following error:

System BIOS version: V2.82
Bus:06, device:01, Function:00
ERROR
Resource Conflict - PCI in slot 03
Bus:06, device:04, Function:00\
ERROR
Bus:06, device:04, Function:01
ERROR
Bus:06, device:04, Function:02
ERROR
Resource Conflict- PCI in slot 03
Bus:06, device:04, Function:03

Press <F1> to resume, <F2> to setup

Pressing F1 and starting normally windows does not load(no green bars passing by) and doing Startup repair the bar freezes at random places whenever I try that. In the beginning after turning on the system 2 to 3 times the problem goes away. Now i have tried many times it doesn't work. I tried BIOS default settings, boot from network disable, change the boot order, still the same problem.

I was given this laptop a year ago, so i don't know when it was bought( I am guessing 2007). My processor is AMD Turion 64 x2 mobile technology TL-50. I don't know my current windows pack version but I know I have the latest windows vista update.
I only have this laptop so thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply but I don't know witch component is the wireless card. It look different from the description on ehow. I have attached the pics.

ForumRunner_20120614_192058.png
Is it the brown thing below the fan?(I doesn't have screws)

ForumRunner_20120614_192138.png
Or the silver rectangular shaped metal on the left of the fan?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: I took out the rectangular metal shaped component( Atheros AR5BXB63). It was still the same error so I put it back into the laptop. What's next?

·
Premium Member
42,044 Posts
Open the CD rom tray, do not put a CD in it. Start the computer from a cold boot, with empty CD tray open. This should allow you to boot the computer without errors. Run Memory diagnostic with tray open and then you should be able to boot computer with tray closed and no errors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been struggling with this same problem for weeks now, and am convinced that it is a hardware problem that will likely be eliminated only with a new motherboard, and little else will fix it.

I had Windows 7 on this machine. Yes, I know that Acer said that this machine does not support W7. Nonetheless, it ran fine for about 2 years, and then I started having the exact same problem that is first described in this string. I fought it for weks, doing many of the same things recommended herein. By the way, this problem is being, or has been, discussed in several other fora.

Two days ago I threw in the towel and did a clean install of Windows XP, using a SP1 DVD. Imagine how many reboots I had to do to get up to and including SP3 plus everything released since then. I did this because the machine kept rebooting cleanly with no PCI errors at all. I thought I had found the solution.

Oh, and by the way, I also updated the BIOS from 2.84 to 3.13, and that went cleanly.

After these 2 days the same exact problem has returned. I get thru a reboot maybe once in 10 times, and for no apparent reason. Weird!

I am about to ditch the machine. I mean, how much is it worth now anyway? Not enough for me to go whole hog and replace the MB.

I sure would love it if someone somewhere has the ultimate fix for this problem.

Anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.