Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I upgraded to a new computer. I used my Audigy 5.1 card. I used the CD that came with the card. Started having spontaneous restarts. Each time XP Pro would prepare an error report for transmission. Finally IE popped up and there was a link to Creative with the software upgrades. I accepted them all, they download and I install each one of them. Following the upgrade my 5.1 sound ceased. 2 speakers will work. All the cabling to the 5.1 speaker system is correct and I have enabled cmss. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Hi,

Try downloading the latest drivers from the creative web site. The other drivers might not have been stable, but you got rid of them with the generic Windows Drivers, which just don't support the 5.1 sound abilities of the card. The latest drivers will support 5.1 and should be more stable.
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The drivers were from the Creative Labs site. Supposed to have been the most recent. It also updated the play center, the sound mixer and recorder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally resolved the problem. It was the latest driver from Creative (from the web update) that was causing the problem with 5.1 sound. I finally found a version that was just previous to this one. That solved the problem.. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.