Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To verify your identity for Hotmail, please retype your password

Hi

I am new here and not to sure if this thread is in the correct place.

I have a laptop running Windows 2000 and have a small problem.

When I try to sign in to Hotmail I get the following error message:

To verify your identity for Hotmail, please retype your password

This only happens on my laptop so I know it is directly related to this machine. I can sign into MSN Messenger 7.5 no problem. However if I try and access Hotmail from MSN Messenger I get re-directed to the sign in page with the same error message.

I have scanned my laptop for viruses and Spyware using several programs. All say the machine is clean.

I am running a fire wall using ZoneAlarm.

Please can somebody advise me if this is a virus on my machine or if there is a known cause with a fix.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Yes I have deleted all the cookies and tried again. I have also re-installed Internet Explorer and MSN Messenger.

I have disabled all the spyware and virus scanners and fire walls on the laptop.

Nothing changes it though.

I thought somebody else might have had the same problem and could suggest what was wrong and a possible fix ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Just to let you know that I have solved the problem. All I needed to do was adjust the settings in Internet Exploer to allow third party cookies.

It seems that Hotmail uses these for something and will not allow you to log-in unless they have access to them !!

A simply solution in the end.

NB. I tried to use 'Thread Tools' to mark this thread solved but this option was not available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.