Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somebody,anybody!! help

i dont know where this post should belong to so i just put it here..
here is my dilemma:
my computer just turned itself off ! maybe for good.but i am wondering what is the problem since i have it upgraded, change the motherboard,processor,and RAM. it went running well for a few days after it was upgraded but now it stopped working. whenever i turn the UPS power on the monitor's led lights up,which is ok, but whenever i turn to the cpu's housing and try to power it on, i just get a quick blink from the keyboard led and then nothing .. the monitor is just black..the fan(located just above where the processor )would not also run.. is this some wiring problem or the power supply within the cpu casing itself
i need some expert's ipinion.
f u need nore info.. just tell me
thanx

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

Sounds like you need a new powersupply. (inside the computer case)
there not hard to change

buy a good quality one from newegg.com Antec or Enermax 550 watt

dont hesitate to ask more questions

regards

joe

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi kori,

i second the the power supply and it could an issue with the power indeed. if you dont have a spare power supply to test on your computer, then i recommend good brand such as enermax(what the last post said), antec, pc powercooling, and even ocz power supplies.

another thing you can do is to bootup the computer with only one stick of ram if you have multiple ram sticks. also try the ram in differ ram slot configurations.

good luck and post back if you have more problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.