Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious Anti-Virus Question

My friend just got a new computer its a Compaq, Presario with intel celeron.. He operates with Windows XP..The computer came with Norton Anti virus.. and I am a member of your site and have read all the no no's about Norton. How would I disable this to put AVG on there, because I am loading up all the protection that you have referred us users to use.. I have installed all the spyware, blaster, firewall and updates but back to the farting Norton.. I don't want to download AVG because I dont want to lock up the computer trying to run two Anti virus programs, and I know now evil Norton can be.. Can anyone help me. I wanted to download all the protection you advised to use, before he gets on line.. Help.. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
This page has details about removing Norton Products. I would advise you to start with Section One and try just plain old Add/Remove first. If that doesn;t work they have another method outlined on that page that you can follow.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yes, my friend wanted me to load up the new computer with all the protection that I have on mine, and I got all my protection for you all. I told him that Norton is a terrible program and that he should get rid of it immediately and go to AVG instead so he did give me the premission..
thanks for the suggestion on This Page I am going to try that right now and will let you know with what i come up with. Hopefully it will just remove and not give me any grief..
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It worked.. thank you so much, the uninstall worked just fine and glad to report that its competely removed from the new computer. Now I will load up the AVG.. and he will be good to go.. Thanks for all of your help and have a great weekend..
Mera :sayyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.