Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Samsung V20 Video Cable

Samsung V20 laptop. The video cable has gone, an external monitor works fine. I have found a cable in uk but can anyone give me a dummies guide to fitting it please?

Thanks in advance – great forum that helped me diagnose the problem.

Cheers.

P

·
0 Posts
I didnt %100 understand what you are trying to do. but i believe this includes what you are looking for. Let me know if you dont see the video cable replacement pictures in there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the info and taking the time to reply to a newbie.

I found the problem and the solution on a forum, this is it -

"The screen problem resides in the fact that the V20 Laptop has been poorly designed, where by I meaneth that the " Ribbon Cable " conector for the tft screen is faceted to the mother board via a impact PCB fixture 'n Phillips screw to the upper case housing (located beneath the On-switch a little bit of Jiggling and it will come off but TAKE your time as the plastic is **** soft),

I found this all out via having to service my laptop as the store I purchased through went bust and I received NO HELP from Samsung.

Sadly this kind of glitch will repeatedly happen even if you jam a peice of plastic, card etc ontop of the PCB, you will get about a (fortnights worth of 4-8 hours use if you do) The problem resides in the fact Samsung chose to use low grade soft plastics for case contruction where the design specifically called for an alloy based material , processor warmth and room temperatures alow for the casing to " Move " about resulting in loose conections that appear fine.

The cost of " Fixing " this problem is astronomically expensive, Laptop solutions in the UK charge around £130.oo GBP to replace the " Ribbon cable " and TFT screen as one unchangeable package, oh they also recon you should change the screen housing for an eXtra £80.00.

I found a web page that sells the " Ribbon Cable " for £70.00 GBP but I cant quite recall where the hell that is, I have short term remedied my problem by resoldering the PCB conectors, no mean feat if your ham fisted at electronics BUT I DO still have a form of occasional display distortion, punching my laptop remedies that usually for about 12 hours."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.