Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem with screen resolution on my laptop

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 running WinXP.

Heres the set-up: my laptop basically has four resolutions to choose from: 800x600, forgets, 1280x1024, 1600x1200 being the largest. Ive always had it at 1280x1024, no problem with that. (left screen on the image)

Anyway, a few days ago, Im just transferring files in preparation for college, and I put it on hibernate at one point. When I turned it back on, the viewable screen was smaller. (right screen on the image)

Right now, itll display the screen as if it were 1600x1200, and using any smaller resolution will make the view smaller, and have a black border around it. So basically, if I have it on 800x600, itll be like an 800x600 image on 1600x1200 resolution.

I asked someone about it, and they suggested it was in the BIOS somewhere, but I couldnt find anything about expanding the resolution.

Can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Right click on the My computer icon>properties>hardware> device manager>display adapters>expand by clicking on the + symbol>rightclick your display device and choose uninstall> reboot and the the drivers should reinstall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On dells if you use the function buttn and f7 it will use full screen look at your key board neer the left windows butten and you will se what im talking about. You never had to use system restor to fix it and just remember the fn-and f7 at the same time will fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.