Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem with asus A8v dlx nothing at power up

Just trying to put together new PC. Antec sonata case(new), asus a8v dlx mb
(bought on ebay but was an unused rma'd from asus. seller had upgraded during rma process), retail athlon 3000+. Problem is nothing happens at power on. Memory is in B1, power sw lead is connected according to manal and markings on board.
I have discovered that unpluging the 4 pin power connecter from the mb leaving only 20 pin connected will cause the case and cpu fan to start. but in this mode the power sw had no effect on power. (Fans start as soon as psu switched on). any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
power supply and memory specs.

Psu is antec TPII 380. memory is pny 512 pc3200 (400MHZ)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
additional info re psu

I did connect this power supply to a mb that only uses 20 pin power connector. It functioned as expected. soft power worked and board functioned normally. So i am certain the case switch and the 20 pin connector are functioning properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
problem resolved

I feel pretty foolish but it turned out the problem was i had the wrong 12v pin connector attached to the mother board. In this case the 24 pin connector can be separated into 4pin/20pin connectors. I was plugging in that 4pin rather then the one with the black and yellow wires. (both have the same config). While surfing trying to figure out what was wrong i found a color photo of psu wire harnesses, and noticed the 12v connector with black and yellow wires. Duh. hope this may help next person.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Thanks for Posting BRC:

its funny world / the first time I installed an Antec TRU Power PSU / I did the SAME thing / their documentation is very lacking on that issue or item !!

it wasnt until I was reading the wiring diagrams that I figured out the yellow and black striped wires were the 12V CPU power :)

glad to hear youre up and running

cheers

joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.