Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P4P800-E Delux RAID problem

Hey,

I have been using the Asus P4P800-E Delux motherboard now, for a little over 2 years with no problems, 10 months ago i added 2* 200gb Maxtor Diamond Max SATA HDD's in a RAID-1 config ... everything was fine. 3 Months ago i added another 2*200gb Seagate barracuda SATA hard drives into the system - and everything again worked fine, until tonight.
I'd been out over the weeked, and came back earlier tonight went onto the PC and noticed that the icon for the RAID-1 SATA drives wasnt in my computer or anywhere - but the other 2 SATA drives were - so i restarted the PC and noticed that when the BIOS looks for the RAID array, its not detecting that the drives are plugged in at all - so i pulled off the side of the PC, made sure everything was plugged in, after trying everything i could think of (as the RAID'd drives are still working and so are the SATA connectors on the MB and all 4 SATA Cables - which i found out in my experimenting) i decided to try to boot up the PC with just the RAID'd drives connected, and to my suprise it found the Array, so i let windows load up, checked that all my data was still ok and everything was.
I then shut down the PC, plugged the other 2 SATA drives in, loaded up the PC again, and ....it was no longer detecting the RAID array, and now even if i unplug the other 2 drives the RAID array isnt detected - so now im at a loss.
Anyt Help on this would be much appriciated as there is a lot of stuff on the drives that i really want and cant afford to spend any money at the moment on replacemnt PC parts.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
906 Posts
What make and wattage power supply do you have. Maybe you have a generic PSU that came with the case?

Those are usually ok for a while but then when you start adding hardware they can go bad. A quality Enermax or Antec PSU in the 500 watt range would be something to consider, maybe more if you have allot of hardware.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.