Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outlook Express problems?

I have a quickcam pro 5.0 which is about 7 years old. My problem is when I try to remove the software I get a warning stating that if I remove some shared files some of the other software might have problems working? I removed for the first time and Outlook express didn’t open... I received a message "msoe.dll" was missing and outlook express could not open" I used "GO Back" software and rebooted before I uninstalled the cam software.

The second time I uninstalled I left all of the shared files and rebooted and Outlook Express still would not open do to "msoe.dll" file missing again? I did a search for the file and downloaded it with no luck. I have windows 98se , any ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks...

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
The best solution is to backup your email files, then uninstall and reinstall Outlook Express. This should restore the application back working in good order. Please note that in order to do this you will need to have your Windows installation CD handy.

If you believe the msoe.dll is missing from your computer and you do not have the install CD handy, you may download msoe.dll using the link provided below. Please note that I do not recommend attempting this manual repair operation. The msoe.dll file must be placed in your \Program Files\Outlook Express\ folder.

A copy of the msoe.dll file can be downloaded right here.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geekgirl
Sorry I did not get back sooner but I did not realize that anyone responded.I did finally re install outlook, thanks for your help..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.