Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Linksys Wireless Router Issues

Hey Guys....

Over the past week I've lost my head. We recently had a MAJOR power surge (phone lines were down and my modem and NIC were trashed). My Linksys WRT54G router has since not worked properly. I'm wondering if during the surge...the current passed through the entire circuit of my networking shtuff thus destroying the router, or if anyone knows any tricky linksys resets or settings that might solve my problem, which I'll go into more detail on below.

When configured properly (modem into the Internet Port, Computer plugged into Port 1) DHCP assigns all proper IP settings, gateway, and DNS servers. BUT, I have no access to the internet. I've pinged up and down, left and right, changed setting after setting, gone back to default again and again and still, the router WILL NOT connect to the modem's internet. I was on the online chat with Linksys tech support, and they suggested a synchronization problem (which I assume was first on the card)...which didn't solve my problem. The cable modem (from Comcast Cable Internet) shows no PC light when plugged into the WRT54G in proper configuration, so my intuition tells me that the router has been damaged. However, since we've already forked the money over for a new modem and NIC, I'm hoping that someone can save me the 80 dollars for a new router.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just posting an update...don't worry about it. I bought a new WRT54G and it works wonderfully. So admins, you guys can strike this off the list.

Thanks,
Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.