Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After upgrading to Vista --- iTunes keeps asking me to authorize my computer. I authorize it successfully. "You have successfully authorized your computer", I attempt to play anything ---- get a message that the computer is not authorized. ???? Anyone?????

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
do you have itunes running in admin mode? if you don't, it can't write the pref file it needs to know that you are authorized.

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
right click on the app (not shortcut) and goto the compatibility tab. there should be a box that you can check that tells it to run in admin mode. but that was on rc1, and its been a while since i ran vista (i went back to xp because vista wouldn't allow me full control of my pc, and i hate that.).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your advice. I did get itunes rolling again --- by changing the mode. I really appreciate it. I work in music and use itunes every day in one form or other ---- I would forsake vista long before itunes. I'm thinking about it anyway with all of the compatibility issues. I've spent almost every moment of the last four days integrating the "seamless" vista upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.