Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vetustior Humo
11,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How To Eliminate Users?

I am setting up an older computer as a music server to house my CD collection. There are currently 4 user accounts set up on the PC (XP Home SP2). When I log in to any of the accounts I seem to have full rights. But I cannot open the user accounts window - it just sits there when I click it in control panel. There is no Administrator Account listed.

I only want one account and I'd prefer not to have to log in every time I start the PC.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
try this,

restart in safe mode by pressing F8 repeatedly while the computer is booting up. then when your at the menu select safe mode. then when in safe mode there should be an acc called Administrator or something, select that one and then log in. You then go to control panel> user accounts > delete the accounts you want and presto, there should only be the right amount of accounts that u want.

also, if you dont wish to have 2 log in then do not put a password on the account.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If you just want to log in without entering a password, then set a blank password for the account.

It's odd that you can't click the User Accounts icon in the Control Panel. No matter. Go to Start, Run, and type control userpasswords2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.