Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Goons in the DIMMs?

Hey all
Well, if my computer had an a.s I would kick it so hard it would go to the moon!
Do not understand this problem, AT ALL! Just added another 512MB PC3200 DIMM to my system. There are three slots and now three 512MB PC3200 DIMM's, for a total of, you guessed it 1.5GB. The mobo will support up to 3GB. So why now is my computer taking like three times as long to boot up as it was before adding another DIMM. That is ALL I did was add one stick of memory. It is the same type from the same vendor. Running MemTest86 for a couple of passes revealed zero errors, so all mem is GOOD. Why is this computer now booting so slow? :4-dontkno Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Some system details; P4 3.06GHz on a Jetway P4X400DBP mobo, now with 1.5GB PC3200 RAM, Ultra 500w PSU, Maxtor 120 and 40GB HD, Memorex CD-RW, Nvidia GeForce MX4000 card, SB sound card.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The goons are gone!

Unbelievable! Swapped the DIMMs in slots 1 and 3 and the machine seems to be booting at it's normal pace. Computers! can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.