Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FDD in Inspiron 500m Stuck

How do I remove a stuck removable floppy drive from a Dell Inspiron 500m? I've tried pulling really hard but to no avail. Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am going to ask a silly question:

You have pressed the release button under the laptop before trying to pull the drive out havent you?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok having unscrewed the security screw, you pressed the button and the handle pops out. give it a firm tug and it should come out. If not then possibly part of the case cover has bent or warped.

If it is new and under warranty ai would say contact tech support.

If it is not under warranty, then you can try something yourself if you are mechanically inclined.. If not, then i sugggest taking to someone who knows laptops

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ronsena said:
Ok having unscrewed the security screw, you pressed the button and the handle pops out. give it a firm tug and it should come out. If not then possibly part of the case cover has bent or warped.

If it is new and under warranty ai would say contact tech support.

If it is not under warranty, then you can try something yourself if you are mechanically inclined.. If not, then i sugggest taking to someone who knows laptops
There was no security screw but I did do the other.

Not under warranty.

Aren't you someone who knows??? :wink:

Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am not near you unless you are in South Carolina.

A tech is going to need to be hands on to remove it.
I am trying to stay away from telling you to insert anything in the case.

Look around the opening and see if there is anything catching. As I said, the case may have warped or bent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I received a suggestion that worked. I inserted a thin plastic ruler (my old AOPA flight planner ruler) both above and below the drive holder and "worked it around".

Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There ya go.

And if you had done that and screwed something up. you would be back here screaming at me for telling you to do it..

Anyways, all fixed, no worries, right...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.