Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DVD player not working

Hi I have a Compaq that was bought without a DVD Player. I bought one on EBay (a Memorex MD 6032) but my computer doesnt recognize it. Instead it recognizes it as A Toshbia SD M1212. I tried playing a DVD on it and it works for about 5 minutes before it freezes. I don't know where to find the DVD drives' drivers or if I just need a file to let Windows know I have a DVD player installed. Please help, thank you

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
When you installed the new drive did you go in and disable to old one in device manager?
Was your old dvd a toshiba?
If not go in to control panel, system, hardware tab to device manager open the dvd cd folder and right click on the dvd rom and disable. close out of here and restart you system. Windows will find new hardware and install the correct drivers.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
If I read op's post right, he didn't have a dvd player until he bought the Memorex. Apparently it is being recognized as a Toshiba. Heck, maybe Memorex is a rebadged Toshiba.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
If you have any cd/dvd burning software on this machine. Uninstall then reinstall it. Also you should have a cd with a program on it for playing dvds. If it did not come with one, we will have to find one that will work for you.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
hitthatcloco said:
Can you please help me find a link to download the driver for this DVD player, I looked everywhere thanks
Memorex and Toshiba both say the drivers are included in XP. So supply no other drivers to download. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That DVD player you recommended me totally works! Thanks a lot, you are an awesome help! Maybe because it plays the DVD at 1x since it is an old player so thanks a lot! Be sure to recommend this player to anyone who has trouble with their DVD. Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.