Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Display properties changed spontaneously

Hi,

I was browsing some site and I got an error message saying explorer has commited a fatal error, then all the other programs I had going gave the the same error message so eventually I had to ctrl>alt>delete and restart. Only when I did the display was at 600 x 400 (it was at 1024 x 768) and the colours went down to 256 when it was at 32 bit previously. I've rebooted several times and it starts in the same way. It looks like safe mode but it doesnt seem to be. I've recently installed a new game, could that be the problem even though it wasnt running at the time?

Thanks in advance

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Have you tried Display Properties to change the resolution & colours back to 1024x768 & 32 bit?

If you can't do that because the sliders won't go that far, reinstall your graphics drivers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I did that and now everything is fine again. Another thing was that the sound drive got disinstalled as well, but I reinstalled that too. I just want to know why that all happened and how to prevent it?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Computer crashes can cause you to lose your video/sound drivers. Its hard to say what caused your crash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.