Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Connecting with SSH using a port forwarded XP

I am currently have one Windows XP (Pro SP2) machine connected to the internet and to an OpenBSD machine using two different NICS. What I am trying to do is allowing me to log on my BSD machine using SSH, and making XP forward port 22 in order to achieve this.

I can connect to the BSD machine using the XP machine, no problems there. The BSD machine can connect to the internet fine too. Despite this I cannot make Windows forward the port correctly.

I've made windows forward ports before, in an earlier incarnation the BSD hosted an QuakeWorld server (on Win95), and that port forwarding worked fine, but now I cannot seem to make Windows forward any port at all. Time has passed since then, and during various system cleanups an "unnecessary" service might have been disabled.

I am running an apache server, so if I forwarded port 80 into oblivion, the site should be unaccessable. It keeps being accessable though, so that's why I think that port forwarding is disabled somewhere...

I've tried using the ICS port forwarding feature, and tried using NETSH directly, but still I cannot find out what's wrong. I cannot find any windows service that should be running that isn't. Does anyone have a clue?

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Thanks for the reply, sorry you were posting on something none of us apparently could help you with. However, you have to admit, we listen real good! :grin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Obviously you made me able to fix it myself. I havn't bothered to find a solution for ages, but now as I posted here, I realised what needed to be done.

Maybe I'll post a new topic soon, if I cannot get my extra special VPN connection to work... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.