Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Computer won't detect ATI Radeon 9200SE

I recently went out and bought a computer, a new video card, and RAM. As usual, I had problems. My computer apparently has 2 PCI slots, and 1 CNR slot. The video card is an ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB PCI. It worked amazingly in my family computer, but fails to work in my computer. No the slots in my computer aren't defective because my internet card works fine in both. When I put the new ATI video card in my computer nothing happens. No new hardware found, not found in Device Manager, not in BIOS. It's like it's not even hooked up. I've disabled my Onboard adapter through Device Manager but that's not working. Me and my Dad have tried everything, to our knowledge at least. We put in the drivers disk, nothing happens. Clicking the D Drive does nothing. A setup thing comes up, and then nothing happens after that. Downloading drivers off websites seems to fail as well. They say that there is no hardware for the drivers. If this video card doesn't work, I'm starting to believe any video card wouldn't work.. I don't know where the problem lies.. Help if you can, thanks..

My computer specs..

Athlon AMD Duron 2000+
40 Gig 7200 Hard Drive
64MB Onboard Video Card
768 DDR RAM
XP Service Pack 2
DSL Internet

Motherboard: ECS
Motherboard Model: M810DLU
Motherboard Created By: PcChips

Onboard Video: SiS 650_651_M650_M652_740

Please help..thanks.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Markr_89 said:
I've disabled my Onboard adapter through Device Manager but that's not working ..... 64MB Onboard Video Card ..... Onboard Video: SiS 650_651_M650_M652_740
Did you disable onboard graphics in the BIOS?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tried to in the BIOS, but everything I've been told isn't there. If someone could guide me through it, I'd appreciate it. But I think my BIOS isn't updated or something because there isn't much to it...

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
If there's no option to disable in the BIOS (or set Initial Display to PCI) you might have to set the jumpers on the motherboard. The manual will tell you how to do this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay the jumpers delete all the CMOS? I don't even know what that is. How will this help me....?

I'm so confused. I just want my new PCI Video Card to work. I've given up on it working because me and my dad have been trying for days.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Wrong jumpers, don't mess with those ones ;-) There may not be any for onboard graphics, that was just a possibility in case the BIOS doesn't have the option you're looking for.

Are you sure there's nothing in the BIOS to set the Initial Display? If the motherboard has onboard graphics and a PCI slot, there must be a way of switching between the two.

*** Bad news! After looking up some details on the M810DLU motherboard I found this at www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142-bin/cgi-bin/ibrd/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=8019
"Be aware that this mobo will NOT accept any of the newer PCI vid cards... even an 'old' GeForce2 card will not work, so try something ancient, if you have one."

I don't know how accurate this is, but try contacting the motherboard manufacturer (PC Chips?) to see what they say. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hm, well that helps me. I'll keep my video card, but I have to get a new motherboard now. Any idea what type of motherboard I could get for an Athlon AMD Duron 2000+ ? I need one that would fit, and would work properly. I'll have about 90-100 bucks for a motherboard. Ah, well, at least I know that that's all I need now....

If you can do some searching or help me in anyway, I'd appreciate it alot.

Thanks for the info. Saves me alot of trouble.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hm, all the problems are solved now. You've been a big help. Chances are this time next week I'd still be cursing at the computer for my video card not working. Thanks again =D

My dad said he'll give me the family computer, and he'll take mine as long as I get him a decent case for it.

1.7GHz
768 DDR RAM
My ATI Card.

Alot better.

Again, thanks for your help.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
No problem :smile:
btw, if you're buying a new case, make sure the power supply is a good one to prevent future problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.