Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there,
I just have a small problem but I'm really hoping someone will be able to help me because even though it's small, it can be very annoying. I hope I have posted in the correct place :sigh: If not feel free to shout/yell at me ><

Basically, when I want to save a file (e.g. an image off the Internet), or open a file (e.g. a video file in Realplayer), the prompt box comes up but all my files are automatically sorted in descending order (by 'name of file').
Screenshot of what I mean:

The problem is that until recently, the files use to be shown sorted in ascending order (by 'name of file') like this:

I haven't made any changes, it seems the default view has changed from ascending to descending and it's just really annoying.
When viewing the files normally from 'My Computer', it shows them in ascending order (by 'name of file'):

I want to change the default view back to ascending order (by 'name of file') whenever I want to save an image file or the like, but I don't know how to, can anyone help me fix this problem? I hope I've explained clearly enough...

Best regards and Merry Christmas,
JingYee.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Hi, welcome to TSF

Click the Name column to change from descending to ascending, then go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab. Scroll down and remove the tick from 'Remember each folders view settings'. Then click the 'Apply to all folders' button. This makes all folders appear with files sorted in ascending order, and saves this view as default.

If you want to keep this default view for most folders and have a different view for other selected folders, leave the tick for 'Remember each folders view settings'. For example, you might have a folder containing photos that you want to view as thumbnails sorted by date. Changing the view settings for this folder won't affect any other folders if you tick the 'Remember' box.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh thankyou so much koala :)
It fixed it up a treat. Everything's back to how it was now. Thankyou!

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Glad to help. Post back if you have any other problems. :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.