Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cd problem. Odd.

Whenever I put an audio (not data; data cd's work fine) cd into my 'D' drive, it goes fine for a few seconds (and you can hear it spinning), then all of a sudden it goes into that certain blue screen where it says something along the lines of 'error... press any key to continue... and press alt+ctrl+del to restart, but all information will be lost'. You know what I'm talking about, I think. And then I have to restart.

After it goes in though, a program opens up (I THINK Winamp) that plays the cd's, btw.

Well, how do I fix this so the pc just reads the cd and everything just runs as usual (without the blue thing going and forcing me to restart)? If you need more details, ask.

Thanks!!!

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Please post the complete error message. Also find out what program is opening after the blue screen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The error I get that goes into full screen:

'An error has occured. To continue:

Press Enter to return to Windows, or

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your computer. If you do this, you will lose any unsaved information in all open applications.

File Name: ks (01) + 0005F5D Error: 0E: 0028: FF02443D

Press any key to continue _'

And there is no program that opens after the blue screen with the message above happens. It happens before. The program is Winamp. I put in the cd and then Winamp starts to open. Then the message goes and after that the PC won't work at all, forcing me to restart.

How do I fix this still? I think it MIGHT have something to do with getting Winamp to not start automatically... But I'm not an expert on that.

·
15,478 Posts
Set WMP as your default app. It should open when you place the cd in. Also have you tried to uninstall winamp?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. ALL I had to do was change the default .cda thingy to WMP, and it fixed the whole 'pc screwing up etc' problem. You can set this thread as reseolved. Thanks!
I figured it was going to be a much harder problem to solve, but it was such a simple thing for me to do... I feel dumb.

·
15,478 Posts
Dont feel dumb at all, you just probably over looked it

Thread is marked resolved :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.