Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently got a replacement motherboard and rebuilt my computer, everything is working fine besides the fact that windows xp cannot load new drivers, when i booted up i realized my built in ethernet controller was not working, so i popped in the disk to install the drivers went thru the process, rebooted. Still the same issue, it is not even recognizing the drivers i have tried multiple things any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have tried using two different PCI ethernet cards aswell as a usb wireless adapter, all coming up with the same issue, "windows cannot load the driver for this device". I called asus tech support and they reccomend that I start from scratch and reinstall windows, I want to avoid that route at all costs. The motherboard is an Asus P5P800 and the built in ethernet controller is a Marvell Gigabit 88E8001...I've tried installing the drivers manually and with the installer nothing seems to be working. Thank you for your help.

Jared

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats one of the first things I did, it's enabled, there is a feature to load LAN configuration ROM at boot or something like that i've tried enabling that with no luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem solved, turns out it was the powersupply which was brand new and I had already tested it on another PSU..just my luck huh? Well thanks for the support guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.