Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cannot connect to server

I have my 2 computers connected to the web (broadband)through a DSL modem/router.. conexant..In the control panel it says it is connected , and all is fine , but I cannot get onto the internet ,, it keeps saying cannot find server.. I have used this set up , just fine for about 10 months , but then it stops working.. I send the router back to vendor and receive another one.. but no good , it still says cannot find server ??.. I have tried to alter all kinds of settings , but still no good??. RE-install too..I am now back on my single modem .. with only one computer.. help, please .. I think its just a matter of getting the correct settings ??

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
What version/patch level of Windows? Does this happen with both computers, or just one? Have you reset the router to factory defaults and started over with the configuration? Have you checked if there's a firmware upgrade for your router?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Modem/router not seeing server

:grin: Hi there Johnwill,, done what you said and glory be its up and running.. hoooray .. I think it was the firmware bit that cracked it .. thanks and thanks again.. Byeeeeeeeee Robin :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.