Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calender is acting up

Well, i just got Office 2003 and im quite pleased. However, nothing appears in my calender.... I have tryed changing background colors, where to view the information(on grid,pop-up), i have tryed everything i can think of. So once again, nothing appears on my calender no matter how i enter the info. Please please PM me instead of posting.... Most quickest way to get it solved....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
regular pop account with Gmail... but im sure that has nothing to do with the calender part of Outlook...

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you are using a pop account then it creates a PST file on your computer where it keeps all the outlook data such as emails, calendar entries, contacts and etc... Now if you use exchange the data is stored on the exchange server in a database, I just wanted to know which one to troubleshoot.

- That being said, right click on "Outlook Today" in the folder list and go to properties>advanced and copy the file location down.
- Do a search for the file called scanpst.exe, open the program and click on browse and browse to the PST file then click on scan.
- It will scan the PST for any corruptions and repair them.

See if that helps. This only applies if you are using a POP account. MAPI and exchange do not work the same way. Let us know if that works.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so can anyone at all give me some suggestions?... No rush but this is kinda urgent... its quite annoying -razz:

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Don't take it so personally, Jay. No-one's being rude except you :wink:
As soon as someone who knows the answer reads this thread you'll get a reply, but it's the weekend, and some people have other things to do. Keep waiting, and in the meantime try google... you might learn something.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im am sorry if i was rude, i simply said that no one was helping me.... Also, i have tryed microsoft.com, and they had no solution. I only use techsupportforum as a last resort so please no spamming my thread. I just simply want some help. And yes, i understand that not everyone has the answer but like i said b4, its just quite annoying and i want it fixed... :sayno:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Try creating a new outlook profile. Try to create a calendar entry and see if this works, if it does then try opening the PST and see if there are entries in the calendar in that PST.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMFG!!!! It freakin worked!!!! YEA!!!!!! :grin: -razz: :smile: :smooch: :laugh: :sayyes: :tongue: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the over excitment but im just so freakin happy!!! WOOOOHOOOO> if i could, i would kiss u but im not that way. lol. Thx a bunch!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.