Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C++ compiler

hay guys im wanting to start learning C++ and i need a compiler a decent one preferably a free download, and can you write the code in notepad and transfer it over? just wondering cause i build all my websites using notepad and im rather faund of it i wish you dint have to use the compiler but aparently you do so i need one thanks for taking the time to read this

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
i would have recommend dev-cpp, but the IDE left my with a lot to want, there spacing schemes and all were off, i prefer crimson editor, and as for compiler, dev-cpp uses migwin, which are ports of the gcc library to windows, so a lot is left out, but the borland compiler has over 1000 headers, all native to windows, to choose from... as for on a linux system, gcc works best...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help y'all i apreciate it , and i know theres a way to maek this as solved i just cant figure it out

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I'm just a lowly manager here, apparently I can't mark it solved either. :4-dontkno Obviously, something is broken again in the permissions. :cry:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Can anybody tell me from where to download the free C++ Compiler compatible with windows vista. I have downloaded DEV C++ one, but after typing the program when I hit compile there is no result shown anywhere....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.