1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BSOD: Stop Drive_IRQ-Not-Less 0x000000D1

I receive a blue screen of death with the following:
Driver_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000D1
(0xEEF366c0, 0x00000002. 0x00000000,0xEEF36630)
Kmixer.sys = Address EEF366c0

The BSOD results when I access Internet (Cable Moden, Router) or when computer has been on for a minute. If I disable network card, error does not occur. I have re-installed, and then replaced network card, but the same thing occurs.

I really could use some help as to how to proceed, I have mindumps, but cannot read them. And I don't know what to look for in the event list.

HELP!!!

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF

You may be having a conflict, check in the Device Manager for a yellow ! or ?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Gene:

thats is a typical error message for a conflicting driver / you must have loaded a new driver recently ???? uninstall it and find a another driver version >>> maybe need to try an older one ?????

you may have to remove some of your pci cards and reboot the machine so it will reset the IRQ assignments

regards

joe

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Hello:

By chance are trying to install the bootable hard drive from another machine into the machine your having trouble with ???????

joe

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New Drivers

I have not knowing installed new drivers. The problem started in the afternoon after running the machine all day. I did install new software(that I subsequently uninstalled before the problem). If that action messed up a driver, how can I tell which one so I know what to re-install? The only PCI card I have installed is the modem (not being used for internet access). Sound, video, network, etc. are "intergrated."

Thanks for you help. Every answer and suggestion makes me feel closer to a solution.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
two options come to mind

first you could try to restart the computer in safe mode (keep tapping F8 upon seeing the "booting into windows" info then choose last know good configuration / hopefully that will restore your machine to the pre-problem status

also download and run memst86.com (free) let it run for 4hours or more >>>>more is better 8 hours is best !!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I'LL try it tonight

I have logged on in safe mode and accessed the internet. But, when I return to regular mode the same event occurs. The software I loaded just before the problem began was EWIDO, which I subsequently removed (through CP). I also did a System Restore to 10 days earlier, but no change. I will run MEMTEST tonight.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
well if memtest turns up nothing and the sytstem restore doesnt help / you will need to ratchet things up

next step / system file repair / boot from win xp cd disk / after it gets to the install or repair option / choose system repair / then choose restore all windows system files / the only draw back to this being you will lose any service pack updates or windows updates you have done / all programs & data will be ok / but you will need to run windows update and bring things back up to snuff

regards

joe

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem Resolved

Thank you so much for your assistance. Following another thread on this forum. I deleted my page.sys file and then re-created it. This solved the BSOD occurrences, so the page file must have been corrupted. I then started having re-boots, which stopped when I removed a software program -- SecretMaker. This program must have been conflicting with the "no ping" set-up I have put on my router.

Thanks again for your help. I hope my sharing the causes helps with others' problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.