1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big sound problem, (its not there)

Hello,
I recently needed to fromat my c drive from the boot disk and lost everything,
now i have no sound at all, my device has a yellow excalmation mark next to multimedia audio controller, also something like PCI simple communications, which was there, is now gone. I have tried the install drivers for my sound card which is on-board, (sis 7012 audio device) but i get an error during the installation its says -536870397 and just stops. Im running windows xp home edition service pack 2. any help would be greatly appreciated. ive been searching forums for days not a single one has had a solution to this problem.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
are you removing the conflict , then rebooting , when windows finds the unknown device, inserting your motherboard disk?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found some drivers on a application and support cd-rom, it intalled them fine now it seems as though sound is playing but i just cant hear it, before it wouldnt let me touch the volume controls or play and audio files, now it will i just cant hear them. all the volume controls are up and the speakers are in, any ideas?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
a few simple things first
relook where the audio speaker wire is plugged in the sound output on the motherboard, its usually the green colored one
under advanced audio properties, make sure nothing has a mute checked off
recheck your device manager, see if the sound needs to have "enable this device" checked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.