Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back Panel Connector Question

Hey, I've got a quick question for you. I've been looking into a new system, but I have recently noticed something about cases and MB back panels. If you look at the two links (used just for demonstrating, I haven't yet decided what to go with) you should see what I'm talking about.

Back panels for new motherboards seem to have a couple of different configurations. However, most of the cases that I've come across seem to have a different layout of what fits where. Are these case slots adjustable? Does someone make another 'fittable' back panel that could be switched out in the case? Or do I just have to suck it up and find a case/mb that 'fit' together?

Suggestions?

links:
mb: Motherboard Example
case: Case Backpanel Example

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Normally the motherboard will be supplied with a new I/O shield for the motherboard. In most standard ATX cases the I/O shield is removable so you can use the one supplied with the motherboard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
yes, i dont think any case i have purchased came with a backpanel that was compatable with anything, waste of metal.

every new mobo i have purchased comes with its own custom backpanel .

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Same here. I hate ripping the included one out because it always means that the case will become distorted. Rawr!! I bought an old SOHO case from a store (Goodwill Computer Works, check it out if you have on in your city!) and the back panel I/O shield was held in place by two screws. Simple and efficient! Down side was the hole had rounded corners so the I/O plate I had wouldn't fit in. I'll fix that... someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.