Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my Computer, it always show up the rescue GRUB page, not the normal GRUB anymore, I use a DUAL BOOTED computer, with windows 10 and parrotOS, the computer was normal until I did a update on windwos this problem began to show up.
I already know how to quit this rescue page, by setting boot and entering GRUBS normal mode with the commands:
set boot=(my disk, in this case hd0,gpt5)
set prefix=(my disk in this case hd0,gpt5)/@/boot/grub in my case I need to add the @ because thats my root user in Parrot, but for other people it just work /boot/grub.
anyway after setting up the boot I enter normal mode by
insmod normal
normal
and then the normal GRUB page shows up and I can choose if I wanna login windows or parrotOs, but this problem happens everytime I restart my computer, I would like to know to to fix it permanently.
my thanks,
KillerBuNnYsS

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,881 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try updating the GRUB config file:
Code:
sudo update-grub
Then reinstalling GRUB:
Code:
sudo grub-install /dev/sdX
This is how my partion system looks like, the 3 first ones are dedicated to linux, so the partition Number 5 as in the image is the one with the parrotOS and one of the 2 first ones is for the swap/grub files

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,881 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.