Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for a service where I can build a free website, where I can place Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Cafepress HTML widgets onto the site.

I'm not a code warrior by any means, so I'd prefer something with fairly easy and intuitive web building tools.

I've tried Bravenet, and I like their tools, but to be able to use HTML widgets on their site requires a paid pro plan.

Any suggestions anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
you can try wordpress.com. You can edit their templates to include widgets. Not sure about their rules regarding html widgets, so you best read them first. i

mo, if you want to make money, you need to spend money and use a hosting service and purchase a domain name.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the response!

At this point I am not interested in spending money on hosting and a domain name, which is why the request is specifically for advice on free website recommendations. I want to investigate free options first.

I looked into wordpress.com, but it doesn't appear that they allow HTML widgets through their free service.

This guy touts Yola.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-fZxJu14SQ

Frankly it seems like Yola would be fine for my current needs, except for the 1GB bandwidth for their free service. I'm not too techy, so I don't know how much traffic 1GB would allow, and am attempting to research that question now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.