Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to replace the content in registry in XP?
Its seems to be possible only to ADD more into the registry, but i want to import an old registry instead of putting more there.

Any clue?

/Misabe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I.e if there is 5000 lines in the registry and i 'import' 3000, i want only this 3000 lines to be there. But how?

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Hi

The registry is not "swappable" or "moveable" nor is it advised unless it be from the same system OS as a previous backup or a "tweak" that can be to add/delete functions using either a *.reg or a *.vbs file.

What is is exactly you want to do and why?
Whats the purpose of moving an older one in?

Do you realize your computer maybe totally destroyed if you do it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi!
yes i know i can destroy the PC but it doesnt matter. I may install everything again ... : (

The reason to replace the registry is:
1. I want to test programs, but since all programs leave a lot os **** in the reg (that reg cleaners cant delete) i want to clean everything away. I.e 'restore' the reg

2. Doing this its possible also to run a first version of an trial application and again when e.g a newer version of that trial is reacheble. This can not be don if a version already is registered in the registry.

3. Problems seems to be that even if i owerwrite the binary version of registry in /syatem32/config, the system will find the old one anyway and replace my version. I cant understand from where it takes that copy... ??

/Misabe
/Misabe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.