Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i make ISOs of my own disks that way i save on the lifetime of my CD-Burners and DVD-Roms. and i think it's a bit faster for me to run off the HDD. but recently i had an issue with Daemon tools and uninstalled it thinking i would reinstall and all would be good. but the install went bad. is there another program like daemon tools that will run ISOs like Daemon tools?

and again i am not pirating any software, i am simply making a copy of the software to run from my HDD to gain a slight boost in loading and access times and also to save the live of my optiocal drives.

thank you.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Try ISO Buster or Alcohol 120%
I don't know if they have all the same features as Daemon, but you can mount your ISOs on virtual drives.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daemon tools is like a virtual drive only it is free to use. and i don't want to spend money one a program for that purpose if i can get it LEGALLY for free. but if need be i will pay for one. but poreferably i would like the program to be free and reliavle. i could also wait untill mide october as Daemon tools 4 comes out i spoze i could wait untill then and see if i could use that and if that will install.

so if someone could send links to some sites that offer FREEWARE virtual drives for windows no demos and no shareware please. so that i may save the life of some very reliable Optical drives lol thanks again.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thank you for your help, but what i mean is i need a program that will run the ISO image just like a physical CD that's what D-tools did it ran the ISO like a virtual CD. i use UltraISO to make the ISO images so i have the ISO images already made. i just now need an emulator or something like that to run the ISOs. and if i need to burn the ISO i can use Roxio, but thus defeating the purpose of not using a CD, and also meanign i am burnign a copyrighted game and thus also defeating this thread. so all i need now is an emulator or Virtual CD-ROM program preferably freeware.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
The new Daemon Tools 4 should be out soon. If you really can't wait :wink: , here's some more to try...

Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel
"This free program for Windows XP lets you create a virtual CD drive on your hard disk. This virtual CD program 'pretends' it is a CD drive (even though the files are on your hard drive), so your programs will run as normal. It only works with ISO images."

MountVD
"MountVD is a virtual drive mounter. Once installed - using Windows Explorer, right-click on any folder and select 'Mount Virtual Drive'. Choose a drive letter and the folder will then be mounted as a drive. To unmount right-click on the drive letter and select 'Unmount Virtual Drive'. "

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.