Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2012 I bought an Asus X54H laptop. I am still very satisfied
with it. However, Windows 10 is running now and I have replaced
the HDD with an SSD. I also now have a better WiFi antenna.
On this laptop I use programs such as Indesign and Photoshop.
Yet I am looking for a new laptop. What if I have to purchase a
new one because the current one stops? I would like to have an
Asus again, but which model should I choose? If you were to buy
a laptop in the class of the X54H, but with modern specifications,
what laptop would it be? I can't figure it out. Does someone have
a suggestion for me?

·
Super Moderator Hardware Team
13,125 Posts
Hi should tell us your budget

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,557 Posts
A budget laptop to run Adobe Photoshop and Indesign for $400. Sorry this makes no sense at all. To run those 2 programs you need a lot of memory and high Ryzen or i5 or i7 cpu or you will have a dog!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Rich-M
This is not true in all cases. I now have a Asus X54H-SX121V (Intel Pentium Dual Core B950, 4GB memory, 250GB SSD) and this machine runs Photoshop and Indesign very well, even the newest releases. I don't need an high end laptop.

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,357 Posts
@Rich-M
This is not true in all cases. I now have a Asus X54H-SX121V (Intel Pentium Dual Core B950, 4GB memory, 250GB SSD) and this machine runs Photoshop and Indesign very well, even the newest releases. I don't need an high end laptop.
With less memory, a lot of swapping to disk occurs, but in your case the fast SSD helps a lot. You won't easily get a decent pc with an SSD for $400, so Rich is spot on about the dog. Of course, there are exceptions to any rule, let's never forget that.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,557 Posts
My guess is what you will accept for service and I will accept are at two very different ends of the spectrum. As a retired pro photographer I could never have run Photoshop with a Pentium Cpu and 4 Gb ram in a manner I would accept today, but maybe you like long breaks as you work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.