Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

Recently my PC has started crashing every 20 mins or so when using it and I get the same blue screen msg every time...

-------------
***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0417d114, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xBFED2B0D)

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Address BFED2B0D base at BFEC7006, Datestamp 38437eba - NDIS.sys

Beginning dump of physical memory
---------------------

I've no idea what this means at all but, as its what I get every time the system crashes its clearly a problem. I was hoping someone would have an idea what it is and how I could sort it out. I need the PC for work and, it crashing every 20 mins, its driving me potty o_O.

By the by, I've done nothing new to the pc I can think of (No new Hardware / No changed Settings etc) it just starting happening out of the blue.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
5,955 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers,

I'm downloading it now, (on someone elses PC of course ;) heh) I'll give it a go tonight.

Thanks

I'll let you know what happens.

David

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a fujitsu 2.0Gz machine with 64mb Geo force2 MX/Mx400 graphic card with 768 MB Ram. recentley my PC crashes 2/3 times a day with a blue screen showing stop and messages like win32k.sys stop: Ox00000 etc address as F34847F etc and another time ntfs.sys and next time IRQO_NOT_LESS_OR_EQual and while it is showing this message 3/4 full page, it then starts dumping the physical memory at which stage I switch it of from the main power switch as reset button does not work. It then works fine for 3/4 hours. I checked on PC Heath status and CPU is system Temp is 32C /89F. So it does not seem it is due to CPU overhating? CPU fan is runing at 4066 RPM.

Is there a software utility available which can check CPU temp? Has any one had similar problem and if yes how was it sorted out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
well if you want the crashes to stop, you can always turn off the memory dump. I use to get the BSOD(blue screen of death) but I went into the control panel --> system --> Advanced --> startup and recovery. Where it says writing debugging information. select none from the pulldown and u shouldn't see that screen anymore.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Yep, I don't see turning off the memory dump as solving the problem, which appears to be a driver issue, at least most DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes are drivers.

Since it's identified the NDIS driver, why not uninstall the network drivers and try a newer and/or older version and see if that does the trick?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.