Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend updated her Symantec/Norton anti-virus security on her Dell PC Computer yesterday. I think she still has a 2003 version along with the 2005 version installed, but I am not certain. She did something funky because she no longer is able to access the internet. Her television cable is fine and her local area connection that I accessed through the control panel appears fine as well (it counts how long she has been connected to the internet). And I checked the high speed wires and all is connected fine.

I assume the problem is how she installed the Symantec security. I have tried System Restore a few times but it is not functioning properly. I also looked for the Norton firewall, but I don’t think she installed that.

Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks in advance.

P

·
0 Posts
WinSockFix offers a last resort if your Internet connectivity has been corrupted due to invalid or removed registry entries.

It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings.

If you encounter connection problems after removing network related software, Adware or after registry clean-up; and all other ways fail, then give WinSock XP Fix a try.

It can create a registry backup of your current settings, so it is fairly safe to use. source : softpedia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.